Quickstart for Mobile
Get up-and-running with Localize For Mobile
Getting started with Localize For Mobile is simple and shouldn't take more than a few minutes. If you haven't already, first follow the instructions for Signing Up and creating your first Mobile App project.
We typically recommend that you get a quick start by manually importing some source data file(s) and exporting your translation file(s) using the Localize dashboard, followed by optimizing your workflow using the Localize CLI.
Step 1: Import Your Source Content
- To get started with the files-based approach used in Localize For Mobile, navigate to the File Import/Export page in your dashboard.
- Follow the instructions here for importing your source content file.
Step 2: Translate your Content
- Translate your content using any of the following methods:
- Translate directly in the Localize dashboard
- Order human translations
Step 3: Export your Translations
- Export your translated content for use in your mobile app.
Watch this short video to learn how to get started.
Optimizing your Workflow using the CLI
Optimize your translation workflow by using the Localize CLI to quickly push source content to Localize and later pull back the translations.
Other Integration Options
Localize exposes much of its functionality via the Localize REST API to make it easier for you to automate your workflow and integrate Localize with your existing tools.
Use our npm module
You may also use our npm module, @localize/node, a Node-based wrapper for Localize’s REST API.
Add a phrase using the Dashboard
Create a new phrase or edit an existing one directly in your Localize dashboard.
Updated 8 months ago